Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Interesting how 10 out of 12 of these "facts" center around men cheating on their wives, yet fact #6 states that women cheat just as often as men and their affairs are more dangerous.

Just thought the article was unbalanced and therefore wrongfully implied that men are always the ones who are out cheating. Takes two to tango.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I posted this in another thread about the same article.

Re: 12 Surprising Facts About Cheating
Fact #6: Women cheat just as much as men, and their affairs are more dangerous.

I think this one isn't as well understood, except maybe for here. It is far more devistating to a family when the woman cheats. I tried to bring this up once in a thread here but was flamed viciously by women who thought I was giving men an out for cheating. When a wife/mother detaches from the family, the effects are crippling to children. (My childhood experience talking)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Actually I've read 60% of men cheat during their marriage, while 50% of women do. Women are usually always emotional when they cheat, which is why it's more dangerous. Men get physical really fast.

This article actually applies to a lot of TAMers and the books I've read.

In the long term success section you can read a bunch of threads about their marriage being stronger than ever after an affair they've refallen in passion / love and have learned about boundaries and transparency.

The rest of these run hand in hand with Shirley Glass's "Not just Friends" book.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
To be fair, the article was written for Woman's Day magazine.

"Original article appeared on WomansDay.com." at the bottom of the article. However, even though it does seem unbalanced, it really isn't tough to apply it to BOTH husbands AND wives. Reading through the article, I easily placed myself in some of those facts..from my own emotional affairs.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I posted this in another thread about the same article.
Re: 12 Surprising Facts About Cheating
Fact #6: Women cheat just as much as men, and their affairs are more dangerous.

I think this one isn't as well understood, except maybe for here. It is far more devistating to a family when the woman cheats. I tried to bring this up once in a thread here but was flamed viciously by women who thought I was giving men an out for cheating. When a wife/mother detaches from the family, the effects are crippling to children. (My childhood experience talking)
I think the theory behind this is that women might do a better job of playing the roles of nurturer and protector/provider than men. So in practical terms, a child's life could possibly continue with less interruption than if it were the mother who cheated.

However, those of us who had fathers who distanced themselves from their families and cheated, are aware of the intense pain and deep emotional damage this can cause.

So IMO it's immaterial which parent cheats - the negative effects on the family are vast.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fact 4 is a lie. No, most men who cheat don't hate themselves. At all. That's the bullcrap they say when they get caught.
:iagree:

And while I'm at it Costa...
I read one of your earlier threads about the fact that men do not generally have female "friends" by whom they are not attracted, and because this is so, such "friends" are likely to result in EAs. I agree with the gist of your thread and thought you were highlighting a legitimate concern. Your detractor's on that point are just naive or ignorant of male/female dynamics. (No thread hijack intended here.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.